From the start, we take the time to get to know our schools. Through meetings with teachers, pupils and parents, we ensure we understand our schools, so that any decisions we take are based on experience underpinned by data.
We want the best for our schools to thrive and deliver the highest quality education. Here are some examples of how we at Forfar Education invest and advise our schools:
- Up front investment into buildings and IT infrastructure
- Staffing reviews to ensure we have the right number and quality of staff to deliver excellence
- Use of group scale to assist schools, simplify and reduce administrative work
- Parent feedback and involvement through annual surveys, parent forums and one to one meetings throughout the year
- Legal and contractual frameworks. We align our schools with a common set of contracts, policies and frameworks
- Best Practice – we use the Forfar Academy to create teams of experts from across our schools to share and develop best practice for the group
- Supporting academic excellence. We ensure teaching is high quality, assessment informs planning, and pupil progress is robustly tracked
All our schools use best in class benchmarking and assessment tools so that they know what children need to learn and whether they have learnt it. We work closely with school leadership to monitor this, as well as ensuring teachers are both supported and challenged to offer the highest quality teaching possible.
Forfar’s Education Philosophy
Forfar Education’s approach ensures that we put the needs of your child at the heart of our schools to create friendly, welcoming communities that empower pupils with the tools to be successful.
Discover a bit more about the schools we work with.