Headteacher: Mr C Johnson
Age Range: 3 to 16 years
Argyle House School has a strong family background. This results in a safe and caring environment, one which is often reflected in a family itself. Feeling part of the Argyle House School family is emphasised in the way the children are taught and helped to develop into strong individual characters, who will be able to succeed in the world today.
The school emphasises that education should be fun, but that each child should work hard to achieve their best, reflected in the school’s motto “Work Conquers All”, encouraging children to be: Responsible, Reflective, Resourceful, Resilient and Reasoning. This is achieved through the dedication of the teaching staff, the small class sizes and the facilities and opportunities on offer to the children.
Argyle House gives the children the facilities of a large school, but keeps the class sizes small. This offers each child the opportunity to learn and develop his or her abilities; academically, socially, emotionally and physically.
FACTS ABOUT ARGYLE HOUSE
- Based in Thornhill Park, Sunderland
- Caring ethos with a true family feel
- Education from 3 to 16 years with exceptional exam results
- Extended care before and after school in all departments
- Provides a wealth of opportunities for children in sports, activities, music, drama and excursions
- Children are encouraged to work towards both the bronze and silver Duke of Edinburgh awards